Renovating your dream home is a huge process that involves time, decision, learning and many a time, frustration. But in actual fact, the renovation process of your home should be an enjoyable and memorable journey that is handled professionally all the way.
For most people, purchasing a house is a thing of pride. The prospect of decorating it just the way you want fills one with excitement. However, when it comes time to start your home project, the first-time home renovator may suddenly find it daunting, as an endless range of choices and ideas in the market leave one confused and stressed.
The style and concept you pick when renovating and decorating your home very much shows off your personality. However, the homeowner must practice balancing between expressing her personality, making decor choices, considering space efficiency and overseeing the practicality of it all.
To create a personalized design for your home, start your design research at least one or two years before the project begins. Discuss your design ideas and plans with family members who will be staying in the same house.
Here is a useful guide that gives you an overview on what you should know when starting on a renovation project. Besides helping you plan and anticipate better, these basics will make process a lot more manageable and fun.
1. Envision your dream home. Decide on a theme or concept and keep a collection of home designs that inspire you.
2. Budget and compare product prices.
3. Research. Make notes along the way and sketch out any ideas.
4. Hire a reliable Interior Designer, someone with a track record. Communicate your ideas cleary so they can advise and offer expertise for the feasibility of your vision.
5. Stay legal. Get your building permits in order.
6. Consider being environmentally responsible and engery efficient. Make renovation green.